Returning to Training
Basketball Queensland (BQ) has lifted the state-wide suspension on organised basketball training sessions (non-contact only), following the State Government’s announcement that Stage 2 of easing restrictions has been brought forward.
From midday, 1 June Queenslanders were able to resume indoor, non-contact community sports, though a maximum limit of 20 people per stadium will apply (this limit includes coaches, parents/caregivers and venue staff).
With Stage 2 Restrictions taken into consideration, the resumption of training will be at the discretion of each individual association.
BQ is continuing to work closely with Sport and Recreation Queensland and the Health Department to increase the limit of people permitted per stadium to a per court figure, to assist with more associations reopening.
In the meantime, our associations who are able to reopen their venue/s, can do so under strict guidelines, in line with the directives from the Health Department and the BQ ‘Return to Basketball’ guidelines to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our basketball community.
These guidelines include:
- Designating specific entry and exit points to assist with the movement of people around the venue
- A biosecurity officer to be appointed at each venue to ensure State Government COVID-19 restrictions are complied with
- An adequate supply of hand sanitiser and other cleaning material
- Ability to maintain an attendance record of all entrants to the venue, including the collection of contact details
Before attending your first training session back, we ask that all participants familiarise themselves with the guidelines set out in our ‘Return to Training for Participants’ document.
These guidelines include, but are not limited to:
- Maintaining social distancing at all times
- Arrive prepared to train (prepare, shower, and change for training at home)
- Arrive no more than 10 minutes before training and use the designated entry and exit points
around the venue
- Wash or sanitise your hands before and after training
- Participants should bring their own basketball, drink bottle and towel to training, all clearly labelled
Once at training, all participants must always follow the directions of the appointed biosecurity officer at your venue.
Please refer to your association website for information regarding specific return to training dates when they become available.