Registrations are now open for the Basketball QLD National Performance Program (NPP)
We now welcome expressions of interest from athletes born in 2003, 2004 and 2005 for the Basketball Queensland National Performance Program NPP.
Registrations close Wednesday 31st October 2017.
The top tier of the Basketball Queensland elite development pathway, the National Performance Program (NPP) is a dedicated and intensive program for Queensland’s elite basketball athletes, providing development, training and support for athletes identified at the national & international level.
Basketball Queensland, in conjunction with Basketball Australia’s Centre of Excellence, identifies Queensland’s elite junior basketball athletes for selection into the NPP each year. The aim is to identify international standard athletes & prepare them for selection into the Australian Under 17 and Under 19 Junior teams, or for a scholarship at the AIS as part of Basketball Australia’s Centre of Excellence (CoE).
Basketball Queensland will identify and select the “best” age group athletes for participation in the program. This program is not only about talented athletes achieving international standards, this program has an immediate focus on increasing the frequency, duration and volume of our best junior athletes training with our best coaches. The goal is to place them in a rapid acceleration development program to increase their competencies both on and off the court through the use of KPI’s and individual performance plans (IPP). There also may be a need to customise the athletes to the specific requirements of the respective National team’s coaches. Subjectivity is an unavoidable element of selection to the BQ-NPP, each athlete applying will be considered against the selection criteria below;
- Submitted a completed application
- Current or pending Australian citizenship
- Endorsement by their Association and have no outstanding financial obligations
- Demonstrate outstanding potential and desire to represent QLD and Australia
- Physical Attributes; genetics, anthropometric measurements, strength and size
- Athletic Talent: speed, quickness, power, vertical leap
- Potential Basketball Talent: Ability to learn the skills and ability to make decisions under pressure
- Demonstrated desire to succeed and outstanding desire and commitment to working hard
If you have any specific questions regarding this program please contact Warwick Cann at [email protected]
Register your place here – http://ow.ly/afYN30m8w33