Major Changes to the Basketball Queensland Coaching Accreditation Framework
As basketball in Australia continues to develop. Basketball Queensland is committed to creating great coaches to continue the development pathway for Australian athletes.
5 Biggest Changes You Should Know About
Over the last year, Basketball Queensland have been looking at how we implement our BQ Style of Play as well as coaching pathways for BQ coaches. These are our five biggest changes that we think you should know about:
- Did you know that there are 5 recognised coaching accreditations within Australia?
- Community Coaching General Principles (formerly level 0)
- Club Coach Accreditation (formerly level 1)
- Association Coach Accreditation (formerly (level 2)
- Performance Coach Accreditation (formerly level 3)
- Master Coach Accreditation (formerly level 4)
- Basketball Queensland currently facilitate the first three accreditations (mentioned above) and are working with Basketball Australia to revisit the requirements and pathway to becoming a Performance or Master coach
- Basketball Queensland have now set ‘Coach Licence’ minimum requirements for all coaches within our competitions dependent on the age and level that they are coaching. For a detailed table outlining these requirements please visit the following link: Coach Accreditation Framework Poster
- A ‘Coach Licence’ is a two-part qualification which comprises of one of the 5 accreditations listed above as well as a current Blue Card and is valid for 3 years from the date of issue
- All of our coaching accreditations are now monitored and managed through the OwnUrGoal Platform – Download the app today, if you haven’t already, and register at the following link: http://bqcoach.ownurgoal.com.au/Start/