If You’re a B-ball Player, You Can Relate to These!
We all know a basketball player who is guilty of more than a few of these! Or maybe you can relate to them yourself. Check out our list of 23 things that all hoopers can relate to!
- Your jersey number is also your lucky number.
- You know the feeling of running back down the court after hitting a good shot.
- For a while, you could only do lay-ups with your dominant hand.
- You practised the moves you saw on your favourite player during practice.
- Bring blocked hard is really embarrassing.
- You’ve had to change your shooting form multiple times.
- You’ve brushed your hand on the side of your basketball shorts thinking there was a pocket.
- You keep money in your socks because you have no pockets.
- You’ve had an unreasonably mean coach who would always get the team to do suicides.
- Having a teammate who is always last during suicides.
- You’ve landed on somebody’s foot – ouch!
- Your fingers are crooked from being jammed so many times.
- You know that getting hit by the ball in the face actually hurts.
- Your toes are ugly from all the stops and from being slammed into the tops of your shoes.
- Having a ball that at least 5 other people in the court have.
- Needing to name your ball so it doesn’t get mixed up with someone else’s.
- You have complained to your team that the referee is biased and doesn’t like you.
- You’ve accidentally tasted your defender’s sweat while they’re defending you.
- The joy you feel when practice is cancelled for team building games.
- You keep a basketball, shorts, and shoes in your car trunk just in case.
- Wearing slides before and after a game is a must!
- You know that anyone who wears #23 on their jersey does it because they’re doing it to play like Mike.
- You know who Mike is.
These are just some of the classic Basketball experiences that form a lifetime of great memories for Basketballers!. If it sounds like fun, get started with one of Basketball Queensland’s many associations in metro Brisbane and all over Queensland. Click the button below to find the basketball association nearest you.