Basketball Australia held it’s second coaches conference at the Australian Institute of Sport from the 2nd to 3rd May.
Over 90 coaches attended the conference from around the country including 15 coaches from Queensland. The conference covered a range of topics from the latest trends in defensive techniques, offensive techniques, skill acquisition, leadership, increasing female participation and analytics.
The line up of coaches presenting was world class with the likes of Pat Hunt, President of the World Association of Basketball Coaches and head of FIBA’s Technical Committee. Current Illawarra Hawks Head Coach Rob Beverage, Basketball Australia Centre of Excellence Head Coaches Adam Caporn and Kristen Veal. In addition NBA Global Academy Head Coach Nico Loureiro.
Coaches that attended indicated that it’s one of the best personal development activities a coach could attend and highly recommended it to other coaches around Queensland.
The list of presentations included:
- Driving your professional development – Patrick Hunt(President, FIBA World Association of Basketball Coaches)
- Developing multi-skilled players – Kristen Veal (BA Centre of Excellence)
- Concepts in team defence – Adam Caporn (BA Centre of Excellence)
- Leadership in coaching – Professor Donna O’Connor(The University of Sydney)
- Building & leading a program – Rex Nottage(Newington College)
- Performance analysis and analytics– Wade Hobbs(AIS)
- Skill acquisition – Professor Donna O’Connor
- Developing female athletes – Kristen Veal & Matthew Paton (BA COE)
- Developing post players – Nico Loureiro (NBA Global Academy)
- Technology in sport (SportsCode-Hudl)
- Building your pressure defence – Rob Beveridge(Illawarra Hawks)
- Personal excellence – Sarah Conlon
You can view videos of the sessions and download the powerpoint slides from the conference by registering for the Clearing House of Sport using the link below.
Registration to the Clearing House is free to all coaches – https://www.clearinghouseforsport.gov.au/about/member_registration
Once you are registered use the link below to view the content!