Registrations are now open for the Basketball Queensland National State Performance Program (NPP).
We now welcome expressions of interest from athletes born in 2003, 2004 and 2005 for the Basketball Queensland National Performance Program NPP.
Registrations close Friday 27th October 2017.
This program is about Basketball Queensland creating a High Performance culture of excellence and a program that athletes and coaches aspire to be involved in. It is about resourcing this program properly and providing adequate training spaces, facilities and equipment. We want Basketball Queensland athletes and coaches to become regular participants in international competitions and we want them to have a firm understanding of the requirements and demands of international competition.
Basketball Queensland will identify and select the “best” age group athletes for participation in the program. This program is not only about talented athletes achieving international standards, this program has an immediate focus of increasing the frequency, duration and volume of our best junior athletes training with our best coaches. The goal is to place them in a rapid acceleration development program to increase their competencies both on and off the court through the use of KPI’s and individual performance plans (IPP). There also may be a need to customise the athletes to the specific requirements of the respective National team’s coaches. Subjectivity is an unavoidable element of selection to the BQ-NPP, each athlete applying will be considered against the selection criteria below;
- Submitted a completed application
- Current or pending Australian citizenship
- Endorsement by their Association and have no outstanding financial obligations
- Demonstrate outstanding potential and desire to represent QLD and Australia
- Physical Attributes; genetics, anthropometric measurements, strength and size
- Athletic Talent: speed, quickness, power, vertical leap
- Potential Basketball Talent: Ability to learn the skills and ability to make decisions under pressure
- Demonstrated desire to succeed and outstanding desire and commitment to working hard
If you would like to express an interest in being part of the Basketball Queensland NPP National Performance Program please click here REGISTER
If you have any specific questions regarding this program please contact Leonard King at [email protected]
To download the BQ NPP Communique click here DOWNLOAD